BUSINESS TOURISM AND
Theme: Stimulating Intra-African Business Travel and MICE Tourism
10 – 12 June 2019
Wanderers Office Park, 52 Corlett Drive
Illovo, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
About the 2019 Business and MICE Tourism Masterclass
Following a successful first edition of Africa Business Travel and MICE Tourism Master Class 2018, Africa Tourism Partners and its lead partner BDO (formerly Grant Thornton) wish to invite you to the 2019 edition of Africa’s Business Travel and MICE Tourism. This is scheduled to take from 10 – 12 June, 2019 in Johannesburg. The 2019 edition of the programme will be combined with a Business Card Exchange, Business-to-Business Workshop, and a Networking Session.
- Raise your professional profile and expertise through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Learn how to establish robust and economically viable MICE destinations and businesses.
- Learn to grow your business and MICE destination footprint through new business leads.
- Learn to increase revenues and/or tourist arrivals and receipts through learning.
- Learn to improve levels of professionalism and capacity in Business and MICE Tourism.
- Learn from experts, academics and policy-makers and thought leaders in the industry.
- Sell at a Business Tourism and MICE business-to-business workshop for new business
- Learn about the value of Convention Bureau to business Tourism and MICE businesses.
- Gain insights from thriving Business Tourism and MICE Tourism businesses.
The curriculum is Action-Learning focused and flows from the outcomes of the June, 2018 Masterclass. The objective is to help stimulate growth across the businesses of all attendees – from Convention Bureaus, Conference Centres and other Venues, as well as providers of accommodation facilities and services to the Business Tourism and MICE Tourism market.
Who Should Attend?
- Management and executive levels (decision -making) of Tourism organisations.
- Officials of Business and MICE tourism-related private and public sector organisations.
- Newly appointed senior managers, political leaders/administrators new to the sector.
- People in decision-making positions in business travel and tourism strategies.
- Executives and General Managers, Chief Marketing Officers, Sales & Marketing Directors,
- Heads of Departments, Corporate Sales Managers, Meeting Planners
- All those involved in other aspects of Business Travel and MICE Tourism.
The Expected Outcome
- Destinations, buyers and suppliers to expand their business footprint and to increase revenues and/tourist arrivals and receipt, to the benefit of all.
- Improved levels of professionalism and propels economic viability of Business Travel and MICE Tourism for African businesses and public organizations.
- African stakeholders to establish robust and economically viable MICE destinations and businesses, delivering MICE programmes on a par with the rest of the world.
In the long-term the initiative is expected to continue to help Tourism Authorities, MICE Tourism Businesses and facilities to collaborate and grow the Africa Business and MICE sector, intra-Africa Business Travel and MICE Tourism and improve succession planning.